The Lost Dogs' Home is proud to be Australia's largest animal shelter, helping thousands of lost and abandoned animals each year. We pride ourselves on employing qualified individuals who demonstrate a strong commitment to animal welfare, shelter medicine, community education and the cause.
About the role:
Working closely with the WHS & Facilities Manager, this role will provide hands on delivery of proactive health and safety measures to support our managers in providing a safe and healthy work environment. In addition, the role will administer the LDH Workers’ Compensation and Return to Work programs, to support a safe and effective return to work for injured workers in addition to ongoing management of workers’ compensation claims.
Some of the key responsibilities in this role include:
- Developing procedures, standards and SOPS for staff and identify improvements in WHS practices
- Promotion of LDH’s health & safety framework across the organisation
- Supporting the WHS & Facilities Manager to ensure WHS policy, process and activities are compliant with relevant legislation
- Contribute to WHS investigations in response to incidents and injuries, providing accurate and timely information to Worksafe Victoria during scheduled and ad-hoc site-visits as required
- Contributing to mental health and wellbeing initiatives in the workplace
- Conducting WHS and Risk Assessments in line with best practice principles
- Implementing and coordinating timely return to work arrangements for injured workers
- Overseeing the end-to-end claims management process, including managing reimbursements for medical expenses
We are looking for someone who is dedicated to workplace health and safety and is willing and ready to assist LDH to develop, implement and achieve our safety and staff wellbeing objectives. You will have a hands approach in your work style and will be confident in building and maintaining relationships with workers and other stakeholders. You will also possess the following:
- Certificate IV in Workplace Health and Safety (desirable)
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar role or industry
- Advanced communication skills including well developed influencing, negotiation, and report-writing capability
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant WHS legislation, and injury management practices and standards relevant to the role.
- Previous experience with work cover management including claims management and Return to Work Coordination
- Strong data analysis and report writing skills
What we can offer you:
We can offer you the opportunity to gain experience in the unique world of animal welfare and a friendly and exciting work environment. We offer fantastic career development opportunities and encourage our staff to enrol in professional development courses, which can be subsided by the organisation. All our staff receive discounts and benefits at our vet clinic Frank Samways and we also offer a free employee assistance program.
If this role sounds like it could be your next challenge, we would love to hear from you. Please apply now, ensuring you include a copy of your cover letter and current resume. If you have any questions regarding this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The successful applicant will be required to complete satisfactory background screening checks.
In accordance with the LDH Vaccination Policy, workers must be vaccinated against Covid-19 with two doses of an approved vaccine and provide their employer with their vaccination information, as a condition of their employment at LDH. LDH will not be able to proceed with applicants who do not comply with LDH's policy. All information provided to LDH in compliance with these directions will be treated as sensitive information and managed in accordance with the Privacy Act of 1988
The Lost Dogs’ Home is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.