Frank Samways is not your ordinary vet clinic! We are a fast-paced, unique clinic providing full veterinary services to the public, adopters, and foster carers of The Lost Dogs’ Home.
We are looking for a vet nurse with commitment towards the best care and welfare of animals and someone who is willing to jump in and learn new things. Our nurses are very hands on, doing their own surgical inductions, consults and complex anaesthetics, so this is great opportunity to grow and develop your nursing skills. Along with our vet and reception team, you will be supported by a highly skilled, devoted nursing team, who are all working towards the same goal of providing the highest standard of care to our patients.
What we can offer you
- The opportunity to work on unique surgery and welfare cases from the shelter that you won’t see in other clinics
- A large and varied case load
- Fantastic career development and opportunities to develop skills in animal welfare and shelter medicine
- A compassionate, supportive, and proud work environment
- Access to our Foster care program
Typical responsibilities include
- Undertaking nursing duties, including caring for hospitalised animals, surgical preparation and monitoring anaesthesia
- Performing consultations, providing animal care information on husbandry, nutrition, parasite control and behaviour to pet owners
- Mentoring and guiding our trainee nurses and students
- Assisting the shelter veterinary team when required
You will have
- Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing or equivalent
- Minimum 2+ years nursing experience
- Experience in a busy clinic environment (preferred)
- Exceptional animal handling skills and knowledge of animal behaviour
- Passion for animal care and an advocate for stress-free nursing techniques
- Ability to work under pressure in fast-paced environments
- Flexibility to work a rotating roster, including weekends and public holidays
If you are interested in this position, please apply ensuring you have included a copy of a current cover letter and resume. If you have any questions regarding this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The successful applicant will be required to satisfactorily complete background screening checks.
The Lost Dogs’ Home is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.