Animal Attendant Team Leader
We are seeking an Animal Attendant Team Leader to support our busy shelter operations team to lead, coach and train our dedicated animal attendants. This is a great opportunity for someone with a background in animal husbandry and welfare to step up into leadership role.
The Lost Dogs' Home is proud to be Australia's largest animal shelter, helping thousands of lost and abandoned animals each year. We are a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to providing outstanding care and treatment to animals who find their way to us and help prepare them for life in new home.
Under the direction of the Shelter Supervisor, the Animal Attendant Team Leaders will work within guidelines of policies and procedures to ensure that all activities in the shelter are carried out with the highest levels of animal welfare. The team leaders will provide support and guidance to the animal attendants as they care for animals daily.
Key responsibilities include:
- Plan, monitor and supervise the daily activities of the team
- Provide feedback, coaching and training to the animal attendants
- General husbandry of animals, identifying & reporting animals that are ill or have behavioural problems to the veterinary team
- Ensure animal development outcomes are achieved
- Liaising with the public and council officers – assisting with enquiries and finding lost animals
- Provide guidance and assistance to volunteers and work experience students
To be successful in this role, you will have;
- Certificate II (or higher) in Animal Studies or Equivalent experience (Essential)
- Demonstrate knowledge in safe handling of animals, feeding plans & provision of prescribed animal medicine
- Experience in a supervisory or leadership role
- Advanced knowledge of legislation, regulations and codes pertaining to shelters
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- The ability to identify practical solutions to problems
- Flexibility to work a rotating roster, including weekends & public holidays
- Valid driver’s licence (Essential)
What we can offer you:
- Fantastic career development and opportunities to develop skills in animal welfare and shelter
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Access to our Foster care program
- A compassionate, supportive, and proud work environment
If you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role please apply now, ensuring you have provided a current cover letter and resume.
If you would like to learn more about The Lost Dogs’ Home visit us at https://dogshome.com/
The successful applicant will be required to complete satisfactory background screening checks.
The Lost Dogs' Home is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.