Veterinary Nurse Team Leader – Frank Samways Veterinary Clinic
The Lost Dogs' Home (LDH) is proud to be Australia's largest animal shelter, helping thousands of lost and abandoned animals each year. We are a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to providing outstanding veterinary care to animals who find their way to us and have been serving the community for over 100 years.
Frank Samways is a truly unique clinic in our community, this is a great opportunity to join a growing and progressive clinic, and to help shape our direction and standards of care. We are a modern, purpose-built facility, which not only provides services to privately owned pets, but the team occasionally look after stray and foster animals that come in through The Lost Dogs’ Home.
We are currently seeking a dedicated full-time Veterinary Nurse Team Leader to join our Frank Samways Veterinary Clinic team. As a fast-paced, reputable practice, we strive to provide excellent customer service to our clients and best practice animal care is our priority. If you are looking for something different, this might be the role for you!
Key responsibilities include:
- Daily management of nursing team including training, nurse roles and break times and assisting with recruitment, performance management, and rostering.
- Organise the surgery schedule for both private and stray surgeries through Frank Samways.
- Coordinating private, foster and stray inpatient pathways communicating with owners and shelter departments. Updating accounts and patient history accordingly.
- Assist with general nursing with duties when required including surgery, ward and consultation shifts.
- Consumables Stock control and weekly ordering.
- Facilitate regular nurse meetings and attend any operations team meetings.
- Assist with administrative work including but not limited to billing of non-routine procedures, checking and finalising internal invoices, drafting procedures and protocols.
We are looking for an experienced veterinary nurse to lead and manage a team of seven dedicated veterinary nurses, a natural leader to cultivate a good working environment. We are looking for someone who understands and promotes our values and is passionate about patient care and maintaining high standards of service.
The successful applicant will:
- Have significant experience working as a Veterinary Nurse
- Possess a Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing (essential)
- Have excellent time management and organisational skills
- Be a proven team player, with the ability to show initiative in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to motivate and lead a team to high standards
- Flexibility to meet changing business needs and priorities
What you will get in return
You will have the opportunity to assist complex workups on patients and will be supported by a fantastic and highly skilled nursing team, supportive colleagues and mentors. You will have the ability to progress your career, we offer support and financial assistance for approved studies and developmental activities. You will have access to our EAP service and onsite counselling service and join a unique organisation which gives back to the community!
If you have the skills, experience and enthusiasm to be successful in this role, please apply, ensuring you provide a cover letter and updated resume in Word or PDF format. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com for more information.
The Lost Dogs’ Home is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.