Part Time Veterinary Nurse - 30.4 hours per fortnight, Wednesday & Friday
Here at The Lost Dogs' Home, we provide veterinary care and treatment for more than 20,000 cats and dogs each year. Our shelter hospital provides a high standard of veterinary care for all stray, surrendered and injured animals as prepare them for their new life.
Our team of highly skilled vets and nurses love the excitement of shelter work and love that they play such an integral part of an animal’s journey to finding a forever home. You will be supported by a team who will provide guidance and mentorship along the way, and you will have the opportunity to further develop your nursing skills in the unique world of shelter medicine.
Our tight-knit Cranbourne Veterinary team is looking for a Veterinary Nurse on a part time basis. This is a fast paced, varied role where you will come across some exciting cases you might not see in private practice.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Caring for hospitalised animals, surgical preparation and monitoring anaesthesia
- Identifying, treating & reporting animals that are ill or have behavioural problems
- Triage of incoming shelter animals and providing initial health assessment
- Caring out veterinary procedures under the guidance of a Veterinarian
- Administering medication to shelter animals
We are looking for a nurse who shares our vision of promoting responsible pet ownership and who is committed towards providing the best care to animals. You will be supported by a fantastic, highly skilled nursing team, as well as supportive colleagues and mentors.
You will have:
- Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing or equivalent
- 2+ years’ experience as a Veterinary Nurse (desirable)
- Exceptional animal handling skills and knowledge of animal behaviour
- Ability to work under pressure in fast-paced environments
- Passion for animal care and an advocate for best practice
What we can offer you:
- Fantastic career development and opportunities to gain skills in shelter medicine
- Monday – Friday role, no weekend work!
- Opportunity to work in collaboration with our specialised behaviour team
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Access to our foster care program
- A compassionate, supportive and proud work environment
If you believe you are the right candidate for this role, we would love to hear from you! Please submit your application, ensuring you have included a copy of your cover letter and resume. We are happy to provide more information on request, please email email@example.com
If you would like to learn more about The Lost Dogs’ Home visit us at https://dogshome.com/
The successful applicant will be required to complete satisfactory background screening checks.
The Lost Dogs' Home is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.