The Lost Dogs’ Home is one of the country’s largest animal welfare organisations, caring for more than 20,000 cats and dogs each year. We pride ourselves on employing qualified individuals who demonstrate a strong commitment to animal welfare, shelter medicine, community education and the cause.
About the Role
We are currently seeking a Service Delivery Team Leader to oversee the delivery of high-quality outcomes for The Lost Dogs’ Home external and internal customers and community members. This newly created role will be responsible for providing leadership, mentoring and operational support to a small team of administration, customer experience and animal transport staff. It will oversee the work of the team to ensure that animal movement into and out of the shelter is managed in accordance with relevant legislation and represents exceptional standards of customer care.
As a representative acting on behalf of The Lost Dogs’ Home, the role is a visible embodiment of the Home’s values.
On a typical day in this role you might find yourself:
- Delivering an informal coaching session with your team to bring them up to speed with the latest developments in the Customer Service/Customer Experience field.
- Doing a deep dive into our Customer Service software platform Zendesk, to identify opportunities to enhance system functionality and richness of data extracted.
- Contributing your ideas in a strategy brainstorming session as part of the Service Delivery Team.
- Using your exceptional interpersonal skills to diffuse an escalated customer enquiry.
- Jumping in to help the team out during busy periods by processing an adoption, surrender or reclaim.
- Typing up a thank you in response to a positive customer review on Google.
- Analysing trends from a Customer Satisfaction survey to come up with new and innovative ways to improve service delivery outcomes.
- Chatting to a local council stakeholder to ensure that Service Delivery process are set up to deliver in line with agreed service standards.
- Having a 1:1 catch up with a team member to set annual goals and identify training and development opportunities for them.
- Responding to an after-hours call out from a staff member who needs assistance with the transport of a difficult animal.
- Arranging for our Animal Ambulance fleet to undergo routine maintenance and repairs.
- Working with the Philanthropy and Fundraising team to help fast track the adoption of one of our longer-term residents.
You will have exceptional people management and leadership skills, coupled with a strong focus on developing members through coaching, mentoring and providing quality feedback. You always maintain a customer service mindset and look for ways to continuously improve the standards of service you and your team delivery to both internal and external clients. Ideally you have some experience in the animal care and welfare industry, but this is not critical – we can provide comprehensive training to get you up to speed. In addition, you will bring:
- Demonstrated experience in a customer/client service leadership role, including proven ability to manage customer escalations.
- Strong leadership and management skills including ability to encourage and coordinate the performance of a team so that collectively, they deliver on agreed outcomes.
- Conflict management skills including ability to work with people to overcome differences of opinion or communication difficulties.
- Decision making skills including ability to determine a course of action when faced with a choice of feasible alternatives.
- Coaching and mentoring skills including ability to help others improve their knowledge or skills by providing encouragement, feedback, and insights into alternative ways of approaching situations.
Note: This role will be required to perform on-call duties as part of a rotating roster to support the Ambulance and Admissions function. This will involve being available to attend Ambulance callouts from time to time as required.
What we can offer
We can offer you staff career development opportunities, a variety of benefits including discounts in our Vet Clinic, Employee Assistance Program, access to our Foster Care program and a unique work environment supporting a great cause.
If you have the skills, experience and enthusiasm needed to be successful in this role, please click on the “Apply” button, ensuring you have attached your cover letter and current resume in Word or PDF format. If you have any further questions or queries regarding the role or would like a copy of the position description, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Workers) Orders
LDH workers are considered to be ‘veterinary and pet/ animal care workers’ under the COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (General Workers) Order (Order) issued by Victoria’s Chief Health Officer. This means that LDH workers must be vaccinated in accordance with the Order (subject to any applicable exemptions) and provide their employer with their vaccination information, as a condition of their volunteering at LDH. LDH will not be able to proceed with applicants who do not comply with the Order. All information provided to LDH in compliance with these directions will be treated as sensitive information and managed in accordance with the Privacy Act of 1988.
The Lost Dogs’ Home is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.