The Lost Dogs’ Home is one of Australia’s most iconic animal welfare charities, caring for over 15,000 lost and abandoned dogs and cats each year.
You’ll be joining a dynamic, friendly and growing fundraising team. We want you to use your expertise in relationship management and donor management to inspire animal lovers to deepen their support for the Home.
If you have a passion for animals and you enjoy cultivating and building great relationships with people, whilst working for a meaningful cause, we would love to hear from you! As the organisation continues to evolve and the Gifts in Wills Team grows over time, this is a genuinely exciting moment to be joining one of the country’s largest animal welfare charities.
About the Role
Reporting to the Senior Manager - Gifts in Wills, this newly developed role is responsible for developing, growing and maintaining great relationships with The Lost Dogs’ Home large number of Gifts in Wills supporters.
The purpose of the Gifts in Wills Relationship Lead role is to inspire our existing supporters to include the Home in their Will and contribute to growing interest and commitment amongst our supporters through engagement activities and proactive relationship building. Most of this interaction with our supporters will take place over the phone, email and written correspondence, with the occasional opportunity to meet our supporters in-person.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Accurately assessing, qualifying and classifying the level of interest and commitment from supporters to including the Home in their Will.
- Responding to all new leads generated by direct marketing activities.
- Maintaining and nurturing positive relationships with donors with regular telephone or written contact (and face-to-face engagement where appropriate).
- Contributing towards promoting Gifts in Wills across all channels and identifying opportunities to inspire higher levels of support through sharing great stories.
- Recruiting and managing a team of volunteers to deliver personalised relationship touchpoints, such as thanking animal lovers for their donations, sending them birthday, Christmas and other greetings cards.
- Planning and managing donor engagement events and communication activities to identify new Gifts in Wills supporters and establish loyalty, connection and trust with existing supporters.
- Maintaining regular communications with a key group of supporters and donors including providing tours, making telephone calls, occasional personal visits, donation thanking, and writing personalised notes.
You will be someone who has excellent interpersonal skills, loves talking to people over the phone and the natural ability to build and maintain positive relationships with people from all backgrounds.
We are looking for someone who has a genuine interest in animal welfare and who can use their passion for animals to inspire others to become supporters of our cause.
You will also have:
- Demonstrated experience in a relationship management or warm sales role.
- Experience in developing and maintaining great relationships with people using a high degree of empathy.
- Ideally experience of talking passionately about Gifts in Wills fundraising or working closely with donors and high value supporters.
- Ability to work to deadlines and within time constraints when necessary.
- Ability to contribute effectively to a team environment, manage volunteers and work autonomously.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills with the ability to positively inspire support from individuals.
What you will get in return
- Great career development opportunities and the opportunity to gain skills in other areas of fundraising and animal welfare sector
- The support of management and team members in achieving your goals
- Opportunity to create your own mark in an iconic animal welfare charity
- The chance to work in a collaborative and supportive environment
- Genuine sense of purpose and satisfaction that you are making a difference to the lives of vulnerable animals
How to apply
If you are ready to take on a new challenge and have the skills and experience to be successful in this role, please click on the “Apply” button, ensuring you have attached a current resume and a covering letter outlining the reasons for your interest in and suitability for this role.
The successful applicant will be required to complete satisfactory background screening checks.
The Lost Dogs’ Home is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.