This is an exciting opportunity for a Veterinarian who has experience in a busy clinic environment and is looking to expand their special areas of interest. You will have the flexibility to opt for a Part Time or Full Time role, and we offer great work life balance, with no after hours work.
Our team is highly skilled and prides itself on providing the highest standard of care to its patients, we would like someone who enjoys sharing cases, and can provide guidance if required. This is a great opportunity to join a growing and progressive clinic, and to help shape our direction and standards of care.
Frank Samways is a purpose-built, modern facility located in North Melbourne, close to public transport and Melbourne CBD. In addition to caring for privately owned pets, the team at Frank Samways Vet Clinic occasionally look after stray animals that come in through our organisation The Lost Dogs’ Home.
Our Veterinary team has a ‘see one, do one, teach one’ approach when it comes to learning new surgery techniques and we are always encouraging our Vets to bounce ideas off each other and to develop their special areas of interest.
We have a very close knit vet and nurse team, we have fun at work, laugh, joke and cry (not often) a lot, and bubble tea /junk food Friday's are a must!
What we can offer you:
- Great work-life balance, an RDO each week, one in 4 weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and no after-hours work
- Excellent remuneration, including support and financial assistance for approved studies and developmental activities
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Unique work environment, supporting a great cause
- Professional and supportive team environment
Key responsibilities include:
We are seeking a Vet who is committed to delivering positive outcomes for our patients, and is great at establishing and maintaining relationships with clients. A typical day at Franks looks like:
- Providing medical consultations and performing surgery in a timely manner, with regular slots during the day for case management and lab follow up
- Surgery Vet will look after all in-patients and work with the nurse team leader to complete the days surgeries & procedures
- Providing guidance and mentorship within the vet team when required
You will have:
- Current registration with the Victorian Veterinary Board
- Well-developed clinical skills
- 2 - 3 years' experience is preferable
- Highly developed customer service and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm and the desire to be part of a passionate team
- Excellent time management & communication skills
Apply now! If you are interested in this position, please apply ensuring you have included a copy of a current cover letter and resume. If you have any questions regarding this role, please email email@example.com.
The successful applicant will be required to complete satisfactory background screening checks.
The Lost Dogs' Home is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.