Veterinarian, Frank Samways – 45.6 hours per fortnight
The Lost Dogs' Home (LDH) is proud to be Australia's largest animal shelter, helping thousands of lost and abandoned animals each year. We are a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to providing outstanding veterinary care to animals who find their way to us and have been serving the community for over 100 years.
Frank Samways is a truly unique clinic in our community, this is a great opportunity to join a growing and progressive clinic, and to help shape our direction and standards of care. We are a modern, purpose-built facility, which not only provides services to privately owned pets, but the team occasionally look after stray and foster animals that come in through The Lost Dogs’ Home.
A typical day looks like:
In this role you will provide medical consultations and perform surgery, with regular slots during the day for case management and lab follow up. You will have the opportunity to diagnose and manage cases independently, as you work on a range of diverse cases, performing diagnostic workups in house as much as possible.
Our team is highly skilled and prides itself on providing the highest standard of care to its patients, we would like someone who enjoys sharing cases and can provide guidance if required. Our Veterinary team has a ‘see one, do one, teach one’ approach when it comes to learning new procedures and we are always encouraging our Vets to bounce ideas off each other and to develop their special areas of interest.
Our team works in collaboration with local visiting internal medical and surgery specialists on complex cases, and you will access to an in house ultrasound machine available for those who have a particular interest in diagnostic imaging, and Tonometry for diagnosing eye conditions. You will have the opportunity to be a part of our wonderful foster care program, caring for some of our foster animals and you may even like to dip your toes in some shelter work!
We are seeking as experienced Veterinarian who is committed to delivering positive outcomes for our patients and looking to expand their special areas of interest in a unique clinic environment. We are looking for a someone with well-developed soft tissue surgery & dentistry skills, basic orthopaedic skills and an interest in patella and cruciate surgeries would be a bonus. Additionally, you will also have:
- Current registration with the Victorian Veterinary Board
- Well-developed clinical and soft tissue surgical skills
- 3+ years' experience is preferable
- Highly developed customer service and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm and the desire to be part of a passionate team
- Excellent time management & communication skills
What we can offer you:
- Opportunity to diagnose and manage cases independently
- Great work-life balance, no afterhours work required and flexible roster arrangements
- Excellent remuneration, including support and financial assistance for approved studies and developmental activities
- Paid parental leave entitlements
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program, including an onsite counselling service
- Unique work environment, supporting a great cause
- Professional and supportive team environment
If you are interested in joining our team, we would love to hear from you. If you have any questions regarding this role, please email email@example.com.
The successful applicant will be required to complete satisfactory background screening checks.
The Lost Dogs' Home is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.