Veterinary Nurse – Part Time – Saturday 8.30am - 4.30pm
We are looking for a Part Time Veterinary Nurse to work a Saturday shift each week. This is a great opportunity for a nurse looking for some flexibility, or someone who wants to take on a second role!
Frank Samways is not your ordinary vet clinic, we are a truly unique clinic in the community, with proceeds from the clinic going directly into helping lost and stray animals at The Lost Dogs' Home.
We are a modern, purpose-built clinic, providing full veterinary services to the public, adopters, and foster carers of The Lost Dogs’ Home. Frank Samways is a spacious clinic, boasting all the modern equipment you could hope for, including dental x-rays and ultrasonography. Working for Frank Samways is a truly rewarding role, as you will be a part of a not-for-profit organisation that has been serving the community for over 110 years.
A typical day looks like:
Our nurses are very hands on, doing their own surgical inductions, consults and complex anaesthetics, so this is great opportunity to grow and develop your nursing skills. Some of your key responsibilities in this role are:
- Undertaking nursing duties, including caring for hospitalised animals, surgical preparation and monitoring anaesthesia
- Performing consultations, providing animal care information on husbandry, nutrition, parasite control and behaviour to pet owners
- Mentoring and guiding our trainee nurses and students
- Assisting the shelter veterinary team when required
We are looking for a vet nurse with commitment towards the best care and welfare of animals and someone who is willing to jump in and learn new things.
- Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing or equivalent
- Minimum 2+ years nursing experience
- Experience in a busy clinic environment (preferred)
- Exceptional animal handling skills and knowledge of animal behaviour
- Passion for animal care and an advocate for stress-free nursing techniques
- Ability to work under pressure in fast-paced environments
- Flexibility to work a rotating roster, including weekends and public holidays
What we can offer you
Along with our vet and reception team, you will be supported by a highly skilled, devoted nursing team, who are all working towards the same goal of providing the highest standard of care to our patients. We also offer:
- The opportunity to work on unique surgery and welfare cases from the shelter that you won’t see in other clinics
- A large and varied case load, no day is the same!
- Excellent remuneration and penalty rates for weekends and public holidays
- Paid Parental Leave entitlements
- Fantastic career development and opportunities to develop skills in animal welfare and shelter medicine, financial assistance for studies
- A compassionate, supportive, and proud work environment
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and onsite counselling service
If this position excites you and you are looking forward to a new challenge at Frank Samways, please click apply! If you have any questions regarding this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The successful applicant will be required to satisfactorily complete background screening checks.
The Lost Dogs’ Home is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.