Full Time Key Relationships Manager (mid-level and major gifts)
The Lost Dogs’ Home is one of Victoria’s most iconic animal welfare organisations, caring for around 17,000 lost and abandoned cats and dogs each year. Join a high performing, dynamic team and demonstrate your expertise and knowledge of major gifts. If your passion is for animal welfare and you genuinely have a deep desire to make a difference in the lives of some of Victoria’s most vulnerable animals, we’d love to hear from you.
This is a great opportunity for a mid-level giving manager to move into a major gifts’ role at The Lost
Dogs' Home as we work towards our vision of giving animals the best chance of a happy and healthy life.
The Key Relationships Manager role will ensure our mid-level donors receive an exceptional donor experience. You will also be responsible for developing and growing the mid-level giving portfolio further, in collaboration with the Individual and Community Giving Manager.
The Key Relationship Manager will build on the current major giving program foundations. Using moves management planning and structured points of contact you will cultivate selected mid-level givers as well as confirmed higher level givers to secure major gifts as part of the For the Love of Animals major giving program.
Working in association with our Philanthropy and Fundraising agencies, your responsibilities will include:
- Developing exceptional mid-level donor communications and engagement strategies.
- Maintenance of and growth of the mid-level giving program, using high level direct marketing for sustained income as well as a pipeline for major gift prospecting.
- Effective and consistent donor liaison and VIP relationship management of a select number of high-net worth individuals and family Foundations
- Tracking the outcomes and impacts of funded areas for compelling regular reporting through storytelling.
To be successful in this role
You will be motivated and a people-person, used to working within a moves-management framework with exceptional relationship development skills. This will be evidenced by the past successes you have achieved within the mid-level and/or major gift space, and the outstanding experiences reported on by donors you have worked with.
Additionally, you will have:
- Demonstrated mid and/or major gifts experience with proof of achieving financial targets
- Proven networking, negotiating and relationship building skills
- An understanding of outcomes and impact measurement and its importance in the philanthropic space
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, a good listener
What you will get in return
- The chance to add to your achievements in the major giving space
- The support of management and team members in achieving KPIs
- The chance to work in a collaborative and supportive environment
- Genuine sense of purpose and satisfaction that you are making a difference
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply, ensuring you have submitted a copy of a cover letter and resume. If you would like to discuss this role in more detail, please contact Jill Gustave Marston on 03 9321 8795.
The successful applicant will be required to complete satisfactory background screening checks.
The Lost Dogs' Home is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.