- Full Time Permanent Role (76 hours per fortnight)
- 4-month Full Time Parental leave cover (76 hours per fortnight)
Our team is growing and we are looking for Shelter Veterinary Nurses to join our incredible veterinary team in North Melbourne. We are an iconic not-for-profit animal welfare shelter dedicated to providing compassionate veterinary care to all lost and abandoned animals who find their way to us.
About the role:
Our team of highly skilled, passionate vets and nurses get to follow the journey of lost and stray pets that come into our care, preparing them for life in a new forever home. Our tight-knit team work hard, but love to share a few laughs, as well as be there to support each other at the end of a tough day.
You will have the opportunity to work on complex and unique cases, and with no client involvement, you will have the ability to support our vets who are managing and diagnosing cases independently. Our new nurse will rotate through hospital, ward, surgical and support roles, no two days will be the same!
In addition to working in the shelter nursing role, you will have the opportunity to care for our foster animals, as they come back to the shelter for treatment. You will work alongside a Vet in a dedicated space solely for our foster animals, the shifts will include high volume de-sexing days, consults and other medical workups.
We are looking for a Veterinary Nurse who has an interest in shelter medicine and is seeking a role which gives back. Our new Vet Nurse will ideally have 2 years’ experience working in a busy clinic or emergency setting and will have their Cert IV in Veterinary Nursing (or equivalent). You will enjoy hands on nursing work and like to work within a large team, bringing with you a can-do attitude and passion for helping lost and stray pets.
What we can offer:
Working in shelter medicine is fast-paced and always evolving. You will be challenged in a way you haven't been before and will leave work knowing you have made a difference to the lives of abandoned animals. We can also offer:
- Fantastic career development and opportunities to develop skills not only shelter medicine but also in the animal welfare industry
- An animals only role, no reception or client facing duties
- Excellent remuneration, including penalty rates for weekends and overtime
- A compassionate, supportive and proud work environment
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and onsite counselling service
- Discounts at our Frank Samways Vet Clinic
If you are interested in a unique, rewarding nursing role, please apply now!
If you have any questions regarding these opportunities, please email email@example.com.